Acrylics and Mixed Media:
Doing Your Own Work, 2017 Suzanne Northcott
Dates: September 8, 9, 10, 2017
Times: 9:00 to 4:00
Place: Comox Rec Centre, 1855 Noel Avenue, Comox
In this course students will work with the instructor referencing their own vision and challenges. Suzanne's delight is to meet each individual exactly where they are and to support them in the production of work in the classroom that expands their practice in a personal way. The format will lean on individual instruction and will also include lecture and discussion, and demonstration of particular techniques, including mark making and composition, building beautiful surfaces, brushwork, ﬁgure/ground relationships and personal expression. Students may choose to integrate drawing media or image transfer into their work and this will be discussed in the classroom as well. Students are expected to provide their own subject material (sketches, photos, physical items or ideas). Come, be challenged, to be yourself, be brave, and have fun!
Acrylic and Mixed Media 2015 Note: It is understood that each student will be working in the materials of their choice.
The following is a guideline. You don't need everything!
- Acrylic paints
- Palette -Small containers for mixing paint
- Selection of brushes
- Acrylic Medium – gel or liquid, gloss or matte
- Supports (stretched canvas, cradled wood panels or Masonite boards, several)
- Source material to jump off from (drawings, photos, ideas, objects)
- Sketchbook or notebook
- Drawing materials (graphite, charcoal, pastel, etc.)
- Fine liner tool for high flow acrylic
- Graphite or charcoal powder
- Mask for using powder
- Photocopies for image transfer (TONER based, not ink)
- Metal leaf
- Specialized acrylic mediums such as self leveling gel, tar gel, texture medium
- Other materials for mixed media that you would like to explore
Note: Students are invited to bring photos of their work and/or work that they love to help Suzanne understand where they want to go.
Class size: 14 people.
First come, first served.
Payment, in full, due by September 1, 2017 by mail or at the gallery.
No refunds after September 1, 2017.