by Susan Schaefer
MAY 12, 2018
Susan Schaefer, professional artist and publisher of Island Art magazine, has been invited to put on a workshop for the Pearl Ellis Gallery.
With a fresh, innovative and colourful approach to painting, she will present a fun filled day of creating sunny bright flowers. This workshop will appeal to students with some acrylic painting experience. You will learn what makes a good painting, how to start a painting using watercolour pencils on a drawing and how to glaze with acrylic paints one petal at a time.…
By Marney-Rose Edge
Marney-Rose Edge, a FCA watercolorist, will teach FLORALS.
You will learn:
- How painting the illusion of light creates drama
- Adding colour to shadows
- Creating a dramatic dark background
- Bringing dimension to flower by bending petals
- Connecting the flower to the background
- How to glaze in layers
- Mixing colours to avoid mud
- How to paint water droplets
Pre-requisite: Some experience with water-colour.…